After sharing this with family when we were in a situation where food was low on our priority list, everyone wanted the recipe. I didn't really have a recipe, so came home, measured everything that I put into my mix, and here's the recipe.
I always have a container full on hand, it's a great snack for when you need a quick energy boost, and is also a nice little snack with coffee.
- 1 1/2 cups raw nuts of your choice
- 1 1/2 cups dried fruits of your choice
- 1/2 cup raw pepitas
- 1/2 cup raw sunflower kernels
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
Combine all ingredients in a large container.
Store in an airtight container in a cool place.
- This is a great way to use up any bits and pieces from the pantry. Just create a mix of what you have on hand when it comes to nuts and dried fruits, even seeds.
- For the nuts I always include raw almonds and raw walnuts for their heart health benefits, but also add other nuts such as hazelnuts. But really, you can use any fresh raw nuts, though.
- Use a combination of dried fruits. Here I have used sultanas, cranberries, goji berries, blueberries, cherries.
- I prefer to use the Nestle brand of choc chips.
- I like to store this mix in the refrigerator, it keeps the fruit and nuts fresh and the chocolate doesn't go soft.