Rhubarb & Strawberry Compote
This delicious compote can be used to make luscious desserts as well as beautiful breakfast dishes.
- 500 g Rhubarb, washed, trimmed and cut into 2.5cm pieces
- 250 g Strawberries, washed and hulled
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- thin strip of orange zest – no pith
- Place all of the ingredients into a pan.
- Bring to a boil over moderate heat.
- Reduce the heat and continue to cook gently until the fruit is tender.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.