Sweet Shortcrust Pastry - Gluten Free
The perfect pastry for making your favourite fruit pie or delicious little lemon curd tarts.
Style: Gluten Free
Quantity: 1 large tart which serves 8
- 210 g Gluten free flour blend
- 70 g pure icing sugar
- 1 tsp xanthum gum
- 125 g butter softened
- 100 g ricotta cheese drained (or homemade cheese)
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
Add the flour, icing sugar and xanthum gum to a bowl and mix together.
Place the butter, cheese, egg yolk and vanilla into the bowl of a food processor and then add the dry ingredients.
Pulse only until the dough starts to form a ball.. (TM speed 3, 20 seconds)
Remove the dough to a large sheet of baking paper or a pastry sheet and knead to form a smooth ball.
Divide the dough in half and flatten into two discs.
Cover each disc closely with plastic wrap and chill for 30 minutes.
- You can store the dough in the fridge for up to two days, or freeze it until needed.
- If you have time, make a batch and freeze it for when you need to whip up a quick tart or pie.
- I always blind bake the tart base for 10-15 minutes in a preheated oven at 200˚C, then add the fruit and if required, a pastry lid, before continuing baking.
5 thoughts on “Sweet Shortcrust Pastry – Gluten Free”
Pingback: ‘tis the season for baking… | SBA's Kitchen
Pingback: A beautiful pairing – Apricot and Lavender | SBA's Kitchen @ Home
Pingback: In the Garden December 2021 | SBA's Kitchen @ Home
Pingback: Mum’s Little Pineapple Tarts and Memories… | SBA's Kitchen @ Home
Pingback: A Cake for Sonnie | SBA's Kitchen @ Home