Chocolate Shortcrust Pastry (Gluten Free)
A simple pastry to use for chocolate ganache or berry tarts.
Category: Dessert, Pastry
Style: Gluten Free
Quantity: 1 large tart (serves 8)
- 190 g Gluten free flour blend
- 55 g Cocoa Powder
- 70 g pure icing sugar
- 1 tsp xanthum gum
- 125 g butter softened
- 100 g ricotta cheese drained (see notes below for other options)
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
Add the flour, cocoa, icing sugar and xanthum gum to a bowl and mix together.
Place the butter, cheese, egg yolk and vanilla into the bowl of a food processor and then add the dry ingredients.
Pulse only until the dough starts to form a ball.. (TM speed 3, 20 seconds)
Remove the dough to a large sheet of baking paper or a pastry sheet and knead to form a smooth ball.
Divide the dough in half and flatten into two discs.
Cover each disc closely with plastic wrap and chill for 30 minutes.
- You can also use homemade ricotta or queso blanco, or Philadelphia cream cheese.
- You can store the dough in the fridge for up to two days, or freeze it until needed.
- If you have time, make a batch and freeze it for when you need to whip up a quick tart or pie.