Category: Antipasto, Appetizer
Quantity: 2 cups
- 375 g 12 oz olives
- 125 ml 4 fl oz extra virgin olive oil
- 60 ml 2 fl oz balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh tarragon
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
Combine olive oil, balsamic vinegar, herbs and pepper into a bowl and mix well to create the marinade.
Add the olives and toss through the marinade to coat well.
Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- You can place the olives and marinade in a jar if you are not planning to use them within the next couple of days, and keep them stored in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- If keeping for more than a few days, the olive oil will solidify, don’t worry, just make sure you take the bowl/jar out of the fridge in advance to allow the oil to become liquid again.
- Adapted from Light and Easy Italian Cooking, 1990, p5, Home Style Library, JB Fairfax Press.
2 thoughts on “Marinated Olives”
Pingback: The Bard’s Banquet | SBA's Kitchen
Pingback: Olivia & Christopher’s Dream – Setting the Scene | SBA's Kitchen @ Home