- 500 g pork scotch / pork neck / pork collar
- 150 ml coconut milk
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 100 g shallots finely chopped or grated
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped or grated
- 4 coriander roots finely chopped
- 2 cm piece of fresh ginger finely chopped or grated
- 1½ tsp ground turmeric
- ¼ tsp ground white pepper
- 24 (approx) 15cm / 6 inch bamboo skewers, soaked in water for an hour)
Partially freeze the pork (it makes it easier to slice).
Slice the pork into strips that are 7-8 cm long, 3-4 cm wide, and 3-4 mm thick.
Mix all the ingredients for the marinade together in a bowl, then and add the pork strips. Mix well to ensure that all of the pork is well coated with the marinade. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge to marinate for at least 4 hours, or overnight.
Just before you are ready to begin cooking, thread one piece of pork onto each skewer.
Heat the barbecue, charcoal grill or griddle to high heat.
Cook the pork for 10-12 minutes, turning frequently and brushing with the marinade, until cooked and beginning to char.
Serve hot as fingerfood, with a salad such as Som Tam (Green Mango Salad) or as part of a Thai Banquet.