Salad of Pear and Baby Rocket Dressed with Shallot and Raspberry Vinaigrette
A simple, delicious salad that can be served as a side or a starter.
Category: Entree, Salad
Style: Gluten Free, Vegetarian
Keyword: Gluten Free, Pear, Rocket, Vegetarian
Quantity: 8 Serves
- 1 French shallot thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- 1/4 cup 60ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 80 g baby wild rocket leaves washed, dried
- 2 pears washed and cut into thin wedges
- Parmesan cheese
Combine the shallot, sugar and vinegar in a large bowl, gradually whisk in oil. Season with salt and pepper.
Toss the rocket leaves and pears in a large bowl with enough vinaigrette to coat.
Season the salad to taste with salt and pepper.
Sprinkle with flakes of finely grated parmesan.
- Cover and refrigerate the remaining vinaigrette in a jar for another use.
- I make my own raspberry vinegar that does not have sugar added. If the raspberry vinegar you are using contains sugar, you will not need to add the sugar listed for the dressing.