Simple Apricot Pastry
We enjoy this little pastry as part of our breakfast, or served with icecream or cream for a simple little dessert in the evening.
- 9 Apricots
- 2 Ready made puff pastry sheets
- 2 tbsp Brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Wash and halve the apricots.
- Cut each sheet of pastry into nine equal squares.
- Place an apricot half in the centre of each pastry square.
- Sprinkle each with a little brown sugar.
- Place the squares onto the prepared baking tray.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until the pastry is golden and crunchy.
- Serve as they are or with a little cream or icing sugar.
- You can also do this with other fruits – peaches, nectarines, plums, pears, etc.
- I always make these gluten free using store bought flaky/puff pastry.