2 cloves garlic, pealed and finely chopped
3 small red chillies, finely chopped
2 tbsp basil, finely chopped
2 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
2 bay leaves
200 ml (6 fl oz) extra virgin olive oil
60 ml (2 fl oz) red wine vinegar
- Combine olive oil, red wine vinegar, garlic, chillies, and herbs into a bowl and mix well to create the marinade.
- Add the olives and toss through the marinade to coat well.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- You can place the olives and marinade in a jar if you are not planning to use them within the next couple of days, and keep them stored in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- If keeping for more than a few days, the olive oil will solidify, don’t worry, just make sure you take the bowl/jar out of the fridge in advance to allow the oil to become liquid again.
- Source: Adapted from Light and Easy Italian Cooking, 1990, p21, Home Style Library, JB Fairfax Press.
One thought on “Spiced Olives”
Pingback: Curing Your Own Olives… | SBA's Kitchen @ Home