Keyword: Apple Tart, Apricots, Gluten Free Option
- 24 beautiful ripe apricots
- 1 quantity of sweet short crust pastry
- 2 tbsp almond meal
- 50 g brown sugar
- 2 tbsp pine nuts or flaked almonds
Preheat oven to 180 ° C.
Line a greased tart tin with the pastry, prick it with a fork and place it in the fridge for 20 minutes.
Cut each apricot into 6 wedges.
Sprinkle the pastry with the almond meal.
Arrange the fruit segments in the tart shell, ensuring that they are standing up, not laying on their side! (Pack them in tight as they do shrink a little during the bake!)
Scatter over the nuts.
Sprinkle with the sugar.
Bake for approximately 30 minutes, until the fruit spikes begin to caramelize and the pastry is golden. Take out of the oven and allow it to cool before carefully removing from the tin.
Serve warm or at room temperature with cream or icecream.
- Try this recipe using peaches, nectarines or plums.
- Recipe for gluten free short crust pastry