Combining the classic flavours of chocolate and orange to create a delicious French inspired sweet treat.
- 125 g almond meal
- 30 g cocoa powder Nestle Plaistowe
- 175 g pure icing sugar sifted
- 40 g plain flour or gluten free flour blend*
- 160 g egg whites 5 eggs, whites only
- 125 g unsalted butter melted
- 1/4 tsp salt flakes
- 2 oranges zest only
- 80 g Pure Cream
- 40 g Plaistowe 70% Cocoa Chocolate finely chopped
Preheat oven to 175˚C.
Lightly grease the mini bundt pans with canola spray.
Combine the almond meal, cocoa, icing sugar, flour and orange zest..
In a large bowl, lightly whisk the egg whites with a fork.
Add dry ingredients to the egg whites and, using a wooden spoon, stir to combine - do not whisk or beat.
Add the melted butter and stir until combined with the batter, again, do not whisk or beat.
Allow the batter to stand for 30 minutes.
Divide mixture evenly between the pans and bake for 15 minutes.
Turn out onto a wire rack and allow to cool.
Place the chopped chocolate into a small heat-proof bowl.
Heat the cream in a small saucepan over medium heat until it just begins to simmer. Remove from the heat and pour the hot cream over the chocolate and allow to stand for 1 minute.
Using a metal spoon or whisk, carefully stir until the chocolate has melted, is completely combined with the cream and is delicously smooth like molten chocolate!
Set aside for 15 minutes to cool a little, then drizzle over the financiers.
- Use this link for the Recipe for Gluten Free Flour Blend if required.
- I find it easier to use a piping bag to pipe the batter into the mini bundt tins.
- You could also use the classic financier pans, friand pans, or cup cake/muffin pans