- 400 g chicken breast (2 small)
- 30 g butter
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons Mango & Kiwi Fruit Chutney
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 lime, juiced and zested
Preheat oven to 190˚C (fan).
Melt the butter in a small saucepan and add the onion, curry powder, ginger, chutney, soy sauce and lime juice and zest.
Stir over low heat until onion has softened a little.
Place the chicken in a greased, shallow, ovenproof dish.
Pour the sauce over the chicken and bake uncovered, for approx 25 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
Serve with steamed rice and/or steamed vegetables.
- Cooking time will vary a little depending on the thickness of the chicken.
- Try replacing the chicken with pork fillet.
- I make an oriental flavoured pickled veg that I drain and stir through steamed rice to serve with this dish.
- I've recently cooked this as a vegetarian dish by partially roasting small pieces of pumpkin and then adding in some cooked chick peas and raw cauliflower. I then covered it with the cooked mango chutney, onion and spice mixture before baking for 25 minutes, it was delicious.