Blue Cheese with Paradise Pears Poached in Mulled Wine
For me this is the perfect cheese course to a meal.
Quantity: 4 Serves
- 8 Paradise Pears in Mulled Wine (see notes)
- 1/2 cup Syrup from Paradise Pears in Mulled Wine
- Wedge of your favourite blue cheese
Pour the syrup into a small saucepan and simmer over low heat until reduced by half and of a sticky syrup consistency. Remove from heat to cool.
Meanwhile drain the pears and arrange together with the cheese on individual serving plates.
Drizzle the syrup over the pears and a little on the plate.
Serve at room temperature.
- You could replace the blue cheese with small wedges of your favourite brie or camembert style cheese.
- Link for Paradise Pears Poached in Mulled Wine