Zingy Citrus Mocktail
I'm not a huge fan of fruit juice or soft drinks... But I had a Mocktail in Paris a couple of years ago which was amazing! This is my interpretation of it - I have no idea what it was called, just the memory of the zingy freshness!
Category: Drinks, Mocktails
Keyword: Citrus, Mocktail
Quantity: 4 serves
- 2 Oranges
- 1 Lime
- 1 Lemon
- 2 tbsp sugar syrup
- 1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- Ice cubes
- Soda water
- Sprigs of mint to garnish
Cut 6 slices of orange (4-5 mm thick), and 2 each of the lime and lemon. Then cut each slice in half, giving you semi-circles. Set aside.
Squeeze any juice from the remaining fruit and then roughly chop the rind place it all in a blender with the orange juice and sugar syrup. Pulse a few time to mix and chop a little more.
Take four highball glasses and into each place 2 pieces of the orange and one each of the lemon and lime, add 4 ice cubes to each and then strain the juice from the blender, dividing it evenly between each glass.
Top each with soda water and garnish with remaining orange and a sprig of mint.
- The juice mixture can be prepared in advance and placed in the fridge so that it is ready to serve your guests when they arrive, or ready for a refreshing drink on one of those very hot summer days!
- By pulsing the fruit, peel and all, you release some of the oils from the zest, giving the drink a lovely zing!
- I'm sure if you wanted something a little 'stronger', a nip of Cointreau or Limoncello would take it to that level....