Crunchy Gluten Free Granola
We were having guests for a couple of days and I had made fresh yoghurt and stewed fruits as part of the breakfast plan, but wanted something with a bit of crunch to add. So this is what I come up with. You can play around with the types of seeds, nuts and fruit to suit your own taste, or as I did, what I had in the pantry…
Style: Gluten Free
Quantity: 6 cups
- 1 ½ cups coconut
- 1/3 cup natural sliced almonds
- 2/3 cup walnuts chopped
- 2/3 cup cashews chopped
- 2 tbs pepitas
- 1 cup of dried fruits of your choice
- 2 tbs sunflower kernels
- ½ cup quinoa flakes
- 2 tbs chia seeds
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- 2 espresso shots of your favourite coffee
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 80 g coconut oil
- 80 g maple syrup
Preheat oven to 120˚C.
Place all of the dry ingredients into a large bowl and mix to combine.
Melt the coconut oil, with the maple syrup over a low heat, and then add the coffee and stir.
Pour the hot liquid over dry ingredients, and mix to coat.
Spread the granola mix onto two baking trays lined with baking paper and bake in the preheated oven for approximately 40 minutes, until crunchy and golden.
When totally cooled, store in an airtight container.
- For the coffee, I used a caramel flavoured coffee.
- I use a variety of dried fruits such as raisins, blueberries, raspberries, goji berries, cherries, craisins, etc.