Apricot & Lavender Tart
This tart is a given each year, when the apricots are ripe and the lavender is flowering.
Keyword: Apricot Tart, Apricots, Gluten Free Option, Lavender
- 1 quantity of sweet shortcrust pastry (see below for gluten free sweet shortcrust pastry recipe link)
- 18 - 24 large apricots
- 1 tbsp of soft brown sugar
- 4 sprigs of lavender
FOR THE FRANGIPANE
- 20 g butter softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup ground almond meal
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 1 tbsp plain flour (see below for gluten free option)
Preheat oven to 175˚ (fan)
Roll out pastry and line a 25cm, loose bottomed, fluted tart tin, trimming and removing the excess. Place in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
Wash the apricots, cut in half and remove the stone, and then cut each half into three wedges.
Make the frangipane.
Remove the uncooked tart shell from the refrigerator and spread the frangipane evenly over the base.
Remove the little flowers from each of the sprigs of lavender and sprinkle over the frangipane.
Arrange the apricots, standing them cut side up in concentric circles, beginning from the outer edge.
Spinkle with brown sugar.
Place the tart into the preheated oven and bake for 30 minutes, or until the pastry is cooked and the tips of the apricots begin to brown a little.
Allow the tart to cool before removing it from the tin.
For the Frangipane
Place the butter and sugar into a bowl and, using a handheld mixer, or a wooden spoon, and cream together.
Add the almond meal and flour, and mix to combine.
Finally add the egg yolk and vanilla and gently mix together.
- Recipe for Gluten Free Sweet Short Crust Pastry
- For gluten free frangipane, replace plain flour with gluten free flour
- Recipe for my Gluten Free Flour Blend
One thought on “Apricot & Lavender Tart”
Pingback: A beautiful pairing – Apricot and Lavender | SBA's Kitchen @ Home