These fritters are a great way to use up leftover roast lamb. Serve simply with a crisp green salad and your choice of tzatziki or tomato relish.
A great little recipe for using leftover roast lamb.
- 1 cup SR Flour
- 2 eggs
- 20 g butter, melted
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 200 g cooked lamb, diced in to 1/2 - 1 cm dice
- 1/4 cup mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup spring onions, finely chopped
- olive oil for shallow frying
- homemade tomato relish or tzatziki, for serving
Place the flour, eggs, butter, milk and salt and pepper in a large bowl and whisk to make a smooth batter.
Fold through the lamb, mint and peas.
Heat a large frying pan over medium heat and add a little olive oil.
Add 1/3 of a cup of the mixture and cook for 2-3 minutes each side, until golden, and cooked through.
Remove from the pan and set aside on absorbent paper to drain. Keep warm.
Repeat with the remaining mixture.
Serve with tomato relish or tzatziki.
- Try using other left over roast meats - pork, beef, chicken...
- Vegetarian options
- pre-cooked cauliflower florets with spring onion and cheese
- corn, capsicum, spring onion and fresh coriander (great with Sweet Chilli Sauce!)
- silverbeet sauteed with a little onion and garlic (make sure that you squeeze out any excess liquid before adding to the batter.
- If using frozen vegetables, make sure that they are thawed before adding them to the batter.
- A great way to use leftover cooked vegetables.