When the garden gives you greens, make fritters!
When you have greens in the garden this is a must! Quick, easy, nutritious and delicious!
- 1 cup SR Flour (see below for gluten free option)
- 2 eggs
- 20 g butter, melted
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 3 cups fresh green vegetables, chopped
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup mint or other fresh herbs, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup spring onions, finely chopped
- olive oil, for shallow frying for shallow frying
- homemade tomato relish or sauce, sweet chilli sauce or tzatziki, for serving
Place the flour, eggs, butter, milk and salt and pepper in a large bowl and whisk to make a smooth batter.
Fold through the chopped veg, mint and spring onions.
Heat a large frying pan over medium heat and add a little olive oil.
Add 1/3 of a cup of the mixture and cook for 2-3 minutes each side, until golden, and cooked through.
Remove from the pan and set aside on absorbent paper to drain. Keep warm.
Repeat with the remaining mixture.
Serve with homemade tomato relish or sauce, sweet chilli sauce or tzatziki.
For gluten free, substitute gluten free self raising flour for the self raising flour, or use gluten free plain flour with 1 level tsp baking powder.
I like to serve them with homemade baked beans, roasted cherry tomatoes and a poached egg!
You might also like my Lamb, Pea and Mint Fritters.