Tropical Prawn Salad
This is a salad I put together while we holidayed on Maggie Island with our family. It made a perfect light lunch.
- 1 kg cooked prawns
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 fresh pineapple, sliced into thin strips
- 6 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 2 good handfuls of mesclun, washed
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves, washed
- 1/2 red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 1 lebanese cucumber, seeds removed, cut into julienne
- Lime wedges to serve
For the dressing:
- 2 tbs peanut oil
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tbs fish sauce
- 2 tbs freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tbs white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp finely chopped red chilli
- Peel and devein the prawns.
- Make the dressing (see below).
- Toss the mesclun in a little of the dressing and place on a large serving platter.
- Put the rest of the ingredients (except the lime wedges) into a large bowl and add the rest of the dressing.
- Using your hands, gently toss to ensure all the ingredients are well coated.
- Arrange on top of the mesclun.
- Add the lime wedges.
- Serve immediately.
For the dressing
- Place all the ingredients into a small bowl and whisk until the sugar is dissolved.
- Adjust seasoning to taste.