Simple Berry Sorbet
Another “go-to” recipe. This is my adaptation of a recipe that I found in an old French Thermomix book, “á table avec Thermomix”. While it was obviously developed for the Thermomix, it can also be made successfully using a food processor.
- 250g frozen berries
- 40g icing sugar
- 1 small egg white
- Add the icing sugar and fruits to the bowl of your Thermomix or blender.
- Blitz 3 to 6 times on Turbo in Thermomix or on high speed in your blender.
- Add the egg white and mix for 1 minute and 30 seconds, (TM speed 5).
- If using the Thermomix, add the butterfly whisk and mix (TM – 1 minute/speed 3). If your food processor has a whisk attachment, you may like to use it for this step. It just makes the texture a little creamier.
- I have successfully halved the ingredients, without affecting the quality of the sorbet.
- It is best eaten within a couple of days, but probably won’t last that long anyway!
- The only thing I really dislike about this sorbet is the seeds of the berries. I am considering trying to pass it through a sieve prior to step 4. So when I try this, I will update the recipe accordingly.