This is a great recipe for using up those last little bits you have left in the fridge. You do not have to use the same ingredients as I have, use this recipe as an idea.
Category: Savoury Pies & Tarts
Quantity: 4 serves
- 1 quantity of Savoury Potato Pastry - Gluten Free See link below.
- 100 g finely sliced salami
- 50 g olives halved
- 50 g semi sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 tbsp pesto
- 50 g roasted capsicum
- 200 g roast pumpkin
- 100 g marinated feta
- fresh basil leaves
Preheat oven to 220˚C
Roll out the pastry between two sheets of baking paper.
Lightly grease the tin that you are using and line with the pastry.
Leave to rest in the fridge for 20 minutes, before filling or blind baking.
Blind bake for 10 minutes, remove the paper and weights and bake for a further 8 minutes until golden.
Spread the pesto over the base of the cooled crust. Then arrange the pumpkin pieces in the tart shell, followed by the roasted red pepper strips, semi sun-dried tomatoes, olives and half of the feta. Finally, tuck in the salami.
Bake at 200˚C for 10 minutes.
Just before serving, add a the remaining fresh marinated feta and some torn basil leaves.
Best served at room temperature.
- Link to Savoury Potato Pastry - Gluten Free
- Blind Baking - To prevent pastry cases from becoming soggy, they need to be partially cooked before adding moist fillings. This is what is known as blind baking, sealing the surface, giving you a nuce crisp pastry case. To achieve this:
- Line the base and sides of your uncooked pastry case with baking paper.
- Place rice, dried beans, or metal or ceramic baking weights on top of the baking paper (they stop the pastry from rising while its cooking.)
- Bake in an oven preheated to 220C for approximately 10 minutes.
- Remove the pastry case from the oven and carefully remove the baking paper and weights. Cook for a further 8 minutes until light golden.
- Your pastry case is now ready for its filling and the final cook.