A recipe for Cooper and Samuel
- Pizza dough - see link below
- Tomato passata, canned crushed tomatoes* or garlic butter
- Grated mozzarella or a grated cheese mix mix
- Your favourite pizza toppings
Collect the ingredients.
Prepare your pizza toppings.
Preheat oven to 200˚C.
Line two baking trays with baking paper.
On a lightly floured work surface roll the pizza dough into a rectangle, approximately 8mm/1/3 inch thick.
Spread the passata, crushed tomatoes or garlic butter over the dough, making sure you get right to the edges, then arrange your toppings and cheese on top.
Starting at the long edge, begin rolling the dough up until you have a neat spiraled pin wheel
Use a sharp knife to cut the roll into pieces approximately 1.5-2 cm thick.
Carefully place the pinwheels onto the prepared baking trays. Allowing room for spreading.
Bake in the preheated oven for approximately 15 minutes, until golden brown. (If you like your pinwheels extra cheesy, you can add a little more grated cheese over the top 2 - 3 minutes before they have finished cooking)
- For Pizza dough https://sbaskitchen.com/recipes/savoury-pies-and-tarts/pizza-dough/
- I generally use a can of crushed tomatoes. Sometimes I pour the contents into a saucepan and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes to slightly reduce, but if you use Italian crushed tomatoes, you really don't need to do this.
- Topping Ideas:
- Cooper: Ham, cheese and pineapple
- Samuel: Tomato passata/crushed tomatoes, ham, cheese and salami
- Garlic butter, mushrooms and shallots
- Garlic butter, ham and cheese
- Garlic butter and cheese
- Caramelised red onion, frozen spinach (thawed, squeezed to remove excess moisture), feta, cheese and a sprinkle of nutmeg)
- Pesto, semi-sundried tomatoes, kalamata olives and cheese