The perfect side for Corned Silverside with Old Fashioned Mustard Sauce
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 125 g streaky bacon cut into batons
- 175 g brown onion peeled and thinly sliced
- 300 g good eating apples peeled and chopped into 2.5cm pieces
- 750 g cabbage finely shredded
- sea salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 50 ml cider vinegar
- 25 g butter
- 2 tbsp finely chopped parsley
Add the olive oil to a hot frypan, add the bacon and cookover medium heat until golden.
Add the onions and continue to cook, with the lid on, for a few more minutes until soft and golden, then add the apple, followed by the cabbage, salt and pepper, and finally the vinegar, and stir everything together well.
Put the lid back on and continue to cook on a low heat for an hour, checking and stirring every so often.
Add the parsley and stir to combine.
Serve topped with the butter.
This dish is the perfect side for Corned Silverside with Old Fashioned Mustard Sauce.